Job Title: Paralegal
City: Fort Worth / State: Texas
The primary job purpose of the Paralegal will be to assist the General Counsel with complex legal and administrative support by managing processes and workflow of legal documents, intake, review, drafting, negotiation and post-execution administration of all assigned matters.
• Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system
• Assist in preparing legal documents such as legal arguments, motions, contracts and agreements
• Investigation and fact-finding for cases
• Identify relevant legal articles, judicial decisions, laws and statutes for legal cases.
• Draft legal documents including briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, contracts and legal memoranda
• Analyze and organize information to produce reports
• Organize, index and track case files
• Review and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy
• Prepare various correspondence
• Meet with clients and other professionals to discuss details of case
• Monitor and review government regulations
• Direct and coordinate law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas
• Provide administrative support for attorneys in court and at the office
• Various duties as assigned.
• 4 years minimum experience with mortgages and/or real estate contracts and business contracts
• Certification from the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) or the American Alliance Certified Paralegal (AACP) credential offered by the American Alliance of Paralegals Inc., preferred
• Experience with closing, title service and servicing, specifically: foreclosure, bankruptcy and mortgage lending
• Strong aptitude with reading, comprehending and communicating complex legal issues
• Ability to effectively translate material into letters, agreements, title claims and presentations
• Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices, research techniques and legal terminology
• In depth knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
• Familiarity with legal databases
• Possess a high level of confidentiality due to sensitive matters and material
• Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivator with analytical, organizational and leadership skills
This position offers a full range of benefits including Health, Dental, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that this position is within a financial institution, the final candidate
must pass a full criminal and employment credit background screen.
The Colonial Family of Companies is a comprehensive, national financial services corporation with more than 700 employees. We are particularly proud of the long tenure of many of our employees, indicating Colonial not just a great place to do business, but a great place to work as well.
Founded in 1952, Colonial Savings F.A. is a national, multi-service financial institution headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, and is one of largest servicers of mortgage loans in the United States, with a portfolio exceeding $12.5 Billion. It is the parent company of Colonial National Mortgage, a leading retail mortgage lender; CU Members Mortgage, which provides mortgage services to credit unions nationwide; Community Bankers Mortgage, which provides mortgage origination and servicing to community banks; and Colonial Savings, a network of seven banks located throughout North Central Texas. It is also affiliated with Colonial Life Insurance Company of Texas, DuBose & Associates Insurance. The company is privately held, by choice, ensuring our focus remains on our customers, not on the expectations of Wall Street.
Most important though, are the high marks Colonial receives from its customers and employees. It’s the quality and dedication of our people that keeps this tradition of service alive, a tradition upheld sixty years and counting.